Wednesday, August 15, 2012

OOTD 8/15/2012 - I Heart My Boy



Old Navy Heart Sweater - Size S
J Crew Factory Sequin Stripe Tank
J Crew 5" Chino Shorts in Khaki
Sam Edelman Gigi Sandals in Leopard Calf Hair

So, most of you know that Friday is the "BIG" day...we take my son to college and my husband and I will officially be "empty nesters". 

As my son was growing up, periodically he and I had mother/son days.  We had all kinds of great fun and made lots of memories.  and so today, the tradition continues...we are visiting a big cat (lions, tigers and binturongs, oh my!) conservatory in our area. 

In honor of my son, I'm wearing my ON heart sweater.  I love my boy like crazy!  and I know I'm going to miss him like crazy too!!

...and since I didn't get this posted this morning as I intended, here's another look with the heart sweater.  I did a quick change into some jeans and I'm out the door to Wednesday night church services.


Old Navy Heart Sweater - Size S
J Crew Distressed Matchstick Jeans
J Crew Factory Snakeskin Belt
Sam Edelman Gigi Sandals in Leopard Calf Hair

10 comments:

  1. best of luck to your son - and love the heart sweater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura...these are some super cute sweaters! and you can't beat the price! :o)

      Delete
  2. love your sweater. Over here, weather is still not cool enough for me to wear mine yet. Gorgeous on you with shorts! Good luck to your son. Off to college, wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I can't believe the time has come to send my "little one" off into the world! Time flies!!
      Hope you're able to wear your sweater soon...we're enjoying some cooler temps. (highs around 80)

      Delete
  3. Your outfit is very stylish! So glad you posted this: I saw the sweater in-store, but didn't have time to try it on. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! These sweaters are great...super soft...and an excellent price! (I think I paid $18 with one of the promos) So, since I got such a deal, I picked up the green with navy polka dots too! ;O)

      Delete
  4. I wish your son the best in this next chapter of his life, and love your sweater. I recently picked up the same one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sweet words! It's hard as a mom to make that transition into the next phase of life...I'm sad to see this chapter close but also excited to see what the next chapter brings.
      Aren't these sweaters the cutest?! I think you got the green polka dot one too, right?

      Delete
  5. Awww...that will be a big change. I hope his first year is a smooth transition. For both of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful relationship you have with your boy. Very inspiring to me, a mother of 3 little boys. Boys love their mamas don't they? :)
    You're so cute!

    ReplyDelete