Thursday, May 31, 2012

OOTD 5/31/2012 - Tippi Stripes Again



J Crew Tippi in Linen Stripe - Size XS
J Crew No2 Eyelet Pencil Skirt in Chili - Size 4
J Crew Elephant Pendant Necklace
J Crew Viv Flats in Leopard Print
 
I totally copied today's look from Andrea at Life's Divine.  (See her here)  Thanks lady for the inspiration!
 
I love all of these pieces separately and together as well.  You've heard me rave about the tippi before but the eyelet skirt is equally as nice.  I love the red...it's a true red, not orangey like the vibrant flame and such. (I like those too!  :o))  And of course the vivs are fantastic!  Wearing flats with skirts is a new thing for me but I like how the pointed toe of the viv lends a classic and elegant look without the heel.
 
Check out this little guy...isn't he a cutie?! 
 

It was love at first sight...I love the beads and sparkle!  Well, what girl wouldn't?!  :o)



10 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! It's a super cute combination, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rynetta! I know you share my love for this tippi as well. :o)

      Delete
  2. Love the outfit! I recently ordered the elephant necklace too. My mom said it was a great statement piece. I love it with your outfit here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em! You are going to love him...he is absolutely adorable!

      Delete
  3. I love this look! Thanks for think about me, we alwlays get inspire from each other on PV, isn't great?! This Elephant is so CUTE! How did you find it? I have been looking for it, but it seems available only online now...just didn't pull the trigger yet, but it is lovely!
    I might try this look with my springswing stripe sweater :o)
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...The inspiration from polyvore and all of the great blogs out there have certainly made me a more snazzy dresser. :o)
      I ordered mine on-line but I haven't been in-store lately to see if they have them...you better hurry! :o)

      Delete
  4. Oh.that.necklace. He has been sitting in my shopping cart forever patiently awaiting to be mine. ;) he is lovely on you. Your tippi reminds me of the sequin stripe sweater from this past winter but such a fun light weight version. I went back online to get a couple fun shades while they were on sale and they're all back to full price. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sky, you're going to love him! He is so freaking cute!
      hee hee...I have the sequin stripe sweater from last winter. Stripes and sequins...hey, count me in!! :o)
      I hate it when J Crew does that...and besides why are they selling wool tippis at full price in the summer. I have gone tippi mad...I was going to order it in yellow but I guess now I'll have to wait for them to come back down in price. :o/

      Delete
  5. Aww that elephant is so darn cute - I love the accessories you paired with the outfit. Super cute.

    I am a new follower from the BLOGHOP! Hiii :)
    Stop by my blog and say hello !

    http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacie! He is cute, fun and sparkley-y! :o)
      Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to say hello! I'm hopping over to your blog now.

      Delete