Saturday, November 19, 2011

OOTD 11/19/2011

Today's outfit was another layering act and preppy to the max!  I thought it turned out really cute and used another of my graphic tees that I mentioned yesterday.  I especially love this tee because of the beaded greyhounds on the front.  One of our first dogs was an adopted ex-racing greyhound who we named Greycie.  She was so sweet and just had a very calming spirit about her.  She passed away a couple of years ago and we still miss her.


To try this layered look, start with a button down shirt. (mine was white)  Over the button down, layer a tee of your choice and over the tee, add a long cardigan.


If you want an additional layer for warmth or just to add to the "cute factor", accessorize with a pretty scarf.



One last item to mention....the shoes!  I purchased J Crew's Biella patent loafers in poppy (see review here) and they are perfection.  I want the black Biella's as well, but I am waiting for them to hit sale.  So in the mean time, I ordered a cheap pair of black patent loafers to fill the void.  I ordered them one evening from Zappos and they were delivered the very next day....how's that for service?!  The style name is Beechum and they are faux patent with a synthetic sole, but they are super cheap.  I paid $39.99 with free shipping; however, they are now $35.99 with free shipping.  If you are in the market for some inexpensive black patent loafers, check these out.  They fit tts (took my normal 7) and they are comfortable. (no rubbing, etc)


J Crew Perfect Shirt in White - Size M
J Crew Beaded Greyhound Graphic Tee (from Fall 2008) - Size S
J Crew Dream Varsity Striped Cardigan (from Fall 2009) - Size S 
J Crew Matchstick Jeans - Size 27
J Crew Jersey Striped Scarf
Call It Spring Beechum Black Patent Loafers

3 comments:

  1. I have this tee and it's one of my faves! I love doing the tee over shirt look too -- definite staple for me, especially under a blazer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, your Greycie looked like a sweetie!

    Love the tee with the shirt and scarf outfit on you. I'm waiting for the J.Crew loafers to go on sale also. Hope there will still be sizes available by then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. M....I agree. This layering act, especially under a blazer is an easy, go-to look...casual but still looks "pulled-together".

    ABC...Greycie was a sweetheart! We were lucky to know and love her!
    You will absolutely love the Biella loafers! Hope you're able to snag a pair!

    ReplyDelete